Trigger Warning


TRIGGER WARNING: Many of my posts contain triggers as I fearlessly inventory my emotions.
Some of these are brutally honest as I veer from negative to positive.




Monday, October 17, 2016

Wounded


The First Visitation

So even though I’ve been divorced since the end of January, I haven’t had to deal with visitation due to H-er’s panic attacks.  But eventually he got his head on straight and was ready to commit to being a parent.  So I drove to the half way point (5 hours) on Oct 1.   Well really we went the night before and stayed at my sister’s.  But I told H-er he could come get them on Saturday as early as he wanted. 

H-er doesn’t get up before 11am.   He left around 2pm (gained an hour).  He wanted to know if I could meet him directly off of the freeway rather than at my sister’s house.  I figured I’d be accommodating. I was curious how he would handle the drive down alone.  I was usually the one who went to get An Heritage #1 because he said he didn’t like to have to face his ex.  If he did go then one of the kids had to go with him because he just couldn’t be alone.  There was one time our stake was having a special fireside for women and a guy in the ward finally offered to drive with him so that I could go to the meeting with his wife. 

So they arrived and we met in the Lowe’s parking lot.  I had a trunk full of his stuff and it clearly flustered him.  He piled it all in the back of his car and at one point I asked if I could repack it for me (I hate wasted space and it was blocking his view out the back).  He didn’t respond and I forced myself to stay silent because I’m not married to him and if he wants to have stuff shifting around then that’s his problem.

Then I hugged the boys and they drove off.  Immediately I teared up.  I cried off and on back to my sister’s house (30 minute drive) and on the way I got a text from An Heritage #3. “we are meeting Jolene or however you spell it”.  (meaning they were picking her up wherever H-her had stashed her on the way down).

Jolene is the woman he was having an affair with.  The woman he described as psycho who slept with his friends as well.  The woman that another woman tried to warn him about – to stay far away from her--who apparently isn’t divorced from her husband yet but was engaged to someone else (while she was married) who died.   The woman who messaged my daughter on facebook – that’s how I found out about her--who called me (while we were still married) to apologize and asked if we could go to coffee sometime (when H-er broke up with her the first time).  She sounds like a gem doesn’t she?

H-er had told me that he finally broke it off with her and was dating other people.  I thought she was in the rear-view mirror.  Apparently not.  And now my boys get to be a part of her life.  Since I was at my sister’s I was able to distract myself from the trauma of it all until bedtime.  Then once I went to bed and it was quiet I broke down and just sobbed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment