Trigger Warning


TRIGGER WARNING: Many of my posts contain triggers as I fearlessly inventory my emotions.
Some of these are brutally honest as I veer from negative to positive.




Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Faithful


A few weeks ago, our Stake had a meeting for the youth and parents of prospective missionaries.  They sent the youth off to another room and kept the parents together.  We discussed the difficulties that missionaries are having and how many are being sent home.   Towards the end, I could barely keep my emotions in check.  I ended up crying myself to sleep.  It was not a hopeful meeting for me.
I think that might be one of the hardest things about being a parent.  I have hopes and dreams for my children and realizing that my imagined path for them might not be the same as God’s path, is kind of painful.

My path wasn’t what I imagined either, but I am truly a better person for my experiences.  And so I have to hold on to the faith that God is in charge, and in the end, my children will be grateful for their own trials and growth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment