Trigger Warning


TRIGGER WARNING: Many of my posts contain triggers as I fearlessly inventory my emotions.
Some of these are brutally honest as I veer from negative to positive.




Saturday, October 30, 2021

Pained

April of 2018 I wrote a post about envy.  I shared my feelings of envy when I listened to my friends talking about their married lives.   Today I feel distress. 

One of those friends has a husband who makes something for a living.  I have another friend who wants to make that item. So I figured I would introduce them.  I reached out to her to see if we could all get together.  She ignored me.  

I found his Instagram account and noticed a disturbing trend.  It was all about his product—until a few months ago.  And then it was about the half naked women holding the product he makes. 

And combined with a comment someone else made earlier this week, my intuition raised her head (like a hunting dog on full alert).  I thought back and realized that she hadn’t come to church in a long time. Five minutes later I had verbal confirmation. 

And I just ache for her and her family.  And it distresses me how often this happens.  It reminds me of sitting in a support group and seeing another woman I know walk in and thinking “Noooo!  Not her!”  

It’s just distressing and painful and I wish it wasn’t this way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment