Trigger Warning


TRIGGER WARNING: Many of my posts contain triggers as I fearlessly inventory my emotions.
Some of these are brutally honest as I veer from negative to positive.




Thursday, June 22, 2023

Hopeless

I was sitting on my front porch today and noticed a bug just beside my foot.  It had ended up on its back somehow and was trying to get back on its feet.  I sat and watched it flop around and flail its legs and antennae. It would do this for a while and then go perfectly still.  Then after a while it would suddenly start flopping and frantically struggling before falling back into complete stillness for a longer period of time. 

I started to cry. 

What a perfect representation of my relationship with both the man in my life and with God.  I’m just flopping around helplessly trying to right myself.  

I wondered how long the bug would keep struggling.  If it would give up and just lie there waiting to die.   Or it it would keep attempting to flip over, getting weaker, and having longer periods of stillness between attempts until it just died.  I wondered what instinct kept the bug continuing its attempt.   

I eventually got overheated and went back inside where I attended a meeting and our CEO shared a surprisingly timely thought:


If you focus on the obstacles, all you will see is obstacles. 

Hours later I checked and the bug was gone. Maybe it finally righted itself. Maybe it got eaten by a bird or another insect.  I’m on the fence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment