Trigger Warning


TRIGGER WARNING: Many of my posts contain triggers as I fearlessly inventory my emotions.
Some of these are brutally honest as I veer from negative to positive.




Thursday, December 3, 2015

Deja Vu


H-er found a small box that contained some pictures, letters, and cards as well as a book that had been ripped into three pieces and taped back together (this was back when I thought our problems were communication or a clash in personality style and that the answers were in a book – you know, 5 Love Languages, His Needs, Her Needs, The Four Temperaments and when I broached the subject with H-er he grabbed the book and ripped it in three and threw it across the room). I’d packed these all up before our move to Nebraska at the beginning of 2003 and somehow it had gotten mixed in with all of his toys and moved to Utah in the Great Toy Exodus.  So I reclaimed it at Thanksgiving and took a trip down memory lane.  I wish they were dated (note to self:  date everything from now on).   There was an anniversary card from H-er that said “I will do whatever it takes” and a promise to take me to the temple if I’d be patient. There was another card that said “I want an Eternal Marriage -  and I will do whatever it takes.”   This time whatever was underlined. 
 
That night after reading it all H-er asked if we could go for a drive and talk.  Guess what he said…

“I’ll do whatever it takes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment