Trigger Warning


TRIGGER WARNING: Many of my posts contain triggers as I fearlessly inventory my emotions.
Some of these are brutally honest as I veer from negative to positive.




Monday, April 25, 2016

Prepared

An Heritage #3 lost her job.  Because she called out too many days.

This was odd because I only knew of three days she missed (two because she had her wisdom teeth out and one where she threw up everywhere at 3am in the morning). It kept worrying at me and then she disappeared for two days (her crappy boyfriend finally texted her).
So I found her kindle and looked at her facebook messenger.   I found things that no mother wants to find including drugs. 

I was prepared.  I recalled Elder Uchtdorf’s conference talk: 

Our Savior, the Good Shepherd, knows and loves us. He knows and loves you.
He knows when you are lost, and He knows where you are. He knows your grief. Your silent pleadings. Your fears. Your tears.
It matters not how you became lost—whether because of your own poor choices or because of circumstances beyond your control.
What matters is that you are His child. And He loves you. He loves His children.
Because He loves you, He will find you. He will place you upon His shoulders, rejoicing. And when He brings you home, He will say to one and all, “Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.”


















You may feel that your life is in ruins. You may have sinned. You may be afraid, angry, grieving, or tortured by doubt. But just as the Good Shepherd finds His lost sheep, if you will only lift up your heart to the Savior of the world, He will find you.
He will rescue you.
He will lift you up and place you on His shoulders.
He will carry you home.
If mortal hands can transform rubble and ruins into a beautiful house of worship, then we can have confidence and trust that our loving Heavenly Father can and will rebuild us. His plan is to build us into something far greater than what we were—far greater than what we can ever imagine. With each step of faith on the path of discipleship, we grow into the beings of eternal glory and infinite joy we were designed to become.

And I thought of her baby blessing where she was promised that at a point in her life when she questioned she would remember the Savior and come to the truth.

And so after many tears, and shaking, and desperate gasps for air:

Step 1:  I am powerless
This is her struggle.  I am not her savior. I can only tell her I love her no matter what she does and if she needs help I am here, but not as an enabler. 

Step 2 & 3: She is in God’s hands and I will wait for promptings from Him so I know what to say and when.



No comments:

Post a Comment