Trigger Warning


TRIGGER WARNING: Many of my posts contain triggers as I fearlessly inventory my emotions.
Some of these are brutally honest as I veer from negative to positive.




Friday, April 22, 2016

Safe

Recently we had a special stake conference.  Four stakes were reorganized into five stakes and a bunch of new wards were created as well.   One of the seventies spoke after all the reorganizing and shared a story that really struck me. 

He said that we are given two types of children.  The ones who bring us joy all the time or the ones who really make our lives a struggle.  He said he was blessed with only children who make it a struggle.  But finally, through years of effort he and his wife had finally gotten their children reactivated and Elder Ballard called them in and asked them to be Mission President in Africa.  He said “I can’t leave now, I’ve just gotten my kids back to church.”  And Elder Ballard looked at him and said “YOU don’t understand.  YOU are not their savior.”

It has taken me a long time to come to this understanding but I finally do.  I feel this way about H-er and about An Heritage #2.  My next post will share some of the things that have happened over the last month with her and how I’ve had to hold on to that principle so that I didn’t start trying to save her. 


The sweetest experience I had though, was one night when An Heritage #4 sat next to me and asked why she was suffering so much.  And the primary song “Keep the Commandments” popped into my head so I sang it, emphasizing “in this there is SAFETY and peace”.  And he got teary eyed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment