Trigger Warning


TRIGGER WARNING: Many of my posts contain triggers as I fearlessly inventory my emotions.
Some of these are brutally honest as I veer from negative to positive.




Thursday, October 29, 2015

Delusional


"I'll consider it."

My mother in law had just asked me to bring the kids for Thanksgiving.  In my mind I'm trying to convince myself that I can spend a whole weekend with his sister who participated in covering up H-er's affair, that I can pretend that I am all smiles and sunshine. 

I tell people that I am trying to keep things amiable. 

I think we can attend wedding festivities for an entire day and be pleasant and serene.

First we have to get through dinner.  

I sit down and he immediately turns to me and asks me if I'm going to put money back in the account.  It's a familiar argument.  I try to explain and quickly realize it's futile.  So I agree.  That should be the end.  But it's not.  He continues. 

And just like that...I want out.  I want out of the literal and figurative corner he's backed me into.  I push and squeeze my way out past him until I'm free to leave.

I spend thirty minutes driving to multiple banks to put the money they way he wants.

*****************

"Why can't we watch it down here (the BYU football game)? Will you sit by me?  Will you hold my hand? "

Let's see...because if we watch it in your room we have to sit on the bed that you had sex with another woman less than a week ago.

Because you said you broke things off with her at the end of May and it's the middle of October and you just had sex with her less than a week ago.

Because I'm divorcing you.

****************

Pure delusion that I believe I can make it through a wedding much less Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment