Trigger Warning


TRIGGER WARNING: Many of my posts contain triggers as I fearlessly inventory my emotions.
Some of these are brutally honest as I veer from negative to positive.




Monday, November 2, 2015

Alone


I am okay being alone. 

In Lincoln I was invited to participate in a group outside of 12 step that focused on healing. 

One of the exercises we were supposed to do was practice feeling. If we were sad we were supposed to allow ourselves to feel sad for five minutes.  And then ten minutes.

After a while we would see that it was okay to feel that way.  We survived.  Sadness, anger, loneliness--all these feelings we kept avoiding because they were painful--we didn't need to fear them.  We could be in them and we would be okay. 

So I say it now. 

It's okay to be alone.

Now I'm just going to sit for a while and feel it.  Just to show that it's okay. I won't die.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment