Trigger Warning


TRIGGER WARNING: Many of my posts contain triggers as I fearlessly inventory my emotions.
Some of these are brutally honest as I veer from negative to positive.




Friday, November 13, 2015

Peace

Tonight was the third session of our intro to yoga series.  We did some core work and a few warrior poses :)

My legs feel like jelly and I can tell my core is going to be sore.  But it feels good!  As I take inventory of my physical and emotional state I am reminded of an experience I had several years ago.

It was Christmas time and Rob Gardner was throwing together a Christmas concert.  Of course I was in.  We had a few practices and then it was time for the concert.  H-er was in full blown acting out mode.  So the day of the concert was a nightmare.  Leading up to it there were insults and objectification and I felt awful.  But I wasn't giving up this night of music.

We sang our choir pieces and I was waiting in the wings while the soloists performed.  And then it was time for O Holy Night.  As the soloist sang, accompanied by the full orchestra and harp, I swear I heard angels. I closed my eyes and tilted my head back as the tears streamed down my face.  I felt an overwhelming sense of peace and calm and love and I remember thinking that I was sheltered in the eye of the storm. 

All about me raged a fierce destructive hurricane of addiction and yet there in that moment I was insulated and protected and filled by a crescendo of joy that sent me soaring above the cacophony of my life. And I marveled. 

Tonight I feel that melody of peace and comfort quietly echoing around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment