Trigger Warning


TRIGGER WARNING: Many of my posts contain triggers as I fearlessly inventory my emotions.
Some of these are brutally honest as I veer from negative to positive.




Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Beautiful


I keep coming across Yoga. It is referenced everywhere in the blogs and articles on healing.  So in the back of my mind I could feel it calling to me.  I googled it in my area and found that in only two days a five session intro to yoga was starting.  Serendipity?

The first session we talked about breathing and the purpose of yoga and then began some basics.  We went around the room sharing what brought us there and what we hoped to gain from yoga.  I said serenity and healing.  The instructor warned us that at odd moments we might find ourselves flooded with emotion.

At one point my legs began to shake and the instructor talked about animals who have been in a threatening situation will start to shake once the threat is over. 

Sure enough at the very end as we went into bliss the emotion overwhelmed me.  It was so strong that I wanted to curl up in a ball and just sob.  But that would probably have interrupted everyone else's bliss so I did my best to keep my crying silent.

The second session went just as well.  New poses and a full sun salutation. We even tried a tree pose.  At one point as I lay on my front with my heart and cheek pressed down I felt grounded.  My heartbeat connected me to the earth and it's strength and I felt solid and immovable. I didn't sob this time during bliss but I was able to send out waves of gratitude to my children. 

Then as I came home and went to bed and lay there feeling a little stretched out and completely aware of my body but super relaxed, I came to a realization.

I am beautiful. Yoga makes me feel beautiful.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment