Trigger Warning


TRIGGER WARNING: Many of my posts contain triggers as I fearlessly inventory my emotions.
Some of these are brutally honest as I veer from negative to positive.




Monday, November 30, 2015

Bullied


 
 
One of my sisters reached out to me this weekend because she was feeling like a failure as a mother--Well pretty much a failure at everything.  She wasn't drawing near into The Lord, wasn't sure she really understood the atonement, wasn't sure her kids were learning what they were supposed to, was afraid she was just trying to control her kids, etc., and the "what lack I yet" talk in conference had really beat her up.

Failure.

That is the trauma thought that came up at the end of my last counseling session when we were out of time.   It's been percolating in the back of my mind since then as I wait for my next session.

Failure.

I remember talking with An Heritage #4 about bullies.  I asked him if it was right for someone to put another person down, to criticize them and call them names and belittle them.  He was of course indignant. That is bullying after all.  So I pointed out that when he does negative self talk he is "bullying" himself.

Failure.

For some reason I believe I am a failure (in many areas). This one is going to take some time to figure out.    But in the meantime it's going on my list.

I'm a bully (to myself)

No comments:

Post a Comment