Trigger Warning


TRIGGER WARNING: Many of my posts contain triggers as I fearlessly inventory my emotions.
Some of these are brutally honest as I veer from negative to positive.




Saturday, November 14, 2015

Enlightened


I had the opportunity to clean the temple the other night.  I've worked in the laundry before but never cleaned the temple.  I admit I was excited. 

I learned that this is a nightly thing (except Saturday and Sunday night).  The temple is a VERY clean place.

There was a moment where I felt sad.  I was sitting in the small chapel waiting for everyone to arrive.  They began arriving in couples.  As I realized this I became very aware of my "single" state.  This is what eternity in the Celestial Kingdom looks like--Lots of couples with a shared purpose and understanding.  And let's face it, it's not looking too good for me.  But I moved on quickly and enjoyed my time cleaning the temple.  My contributions were just as valued and necessary and I could give 100% of my effort. 

Over the last few days I've seen a lot of comments on social media about the recent policy clarifications regarding children of same sex marriages. 

One particular comment suggested that being a worthy gay LDS member meant repressing your sexuality and living a lonely life.   In the temple last night it became clear to me that neither the Plan of Salvation nor marriage are about sexuality.

Rather it is about a shared faith in God and a commitment to covenants.  Where is the loneliness in that?  When a fulfilling marriage becomes defined as being able to connect sexually with a person you are sexually attracted to it diminishes what marriage really is.  It diminishes the Plan of Salvation.

This is the real war that Satan is waging.  He is trying to make marriage all about sex.  And it just simply isn't about sex at all.

 

1 comment: